Thursday, September 27, 2012

Confessions of a Chocoholic

Yesterday we had an in-service that was interesting but not sooo interesting. The coaches, in an attempt to keep us awake, put little bowls of chocolate candy at our tables. That's right a bowl of bite-sized candy bars in every variety you can think of... at my table where I was required to sit for 3 hour and listen to trainer.I ate 5 mini Kit-Kats and 2 Snickers. (at least...)

I know better. I know all about HFCS. I know all about the evil Hershey company giving money to block prop. 37. I know... I know... I know...

But the chocolate...

I confess - I ate it and it was yummy. I felt guilty (especially since it was not quite 8:00!), but I did it.
I am doing better in general at giving up a lot of things in general, in fact I have resisted these little bowls on numerous occasions already. But today, I gobbled.

My plan now is to hurry up and make some chocolate chip cookies using the Olive & Sinclair chocolate, some peanut butter cookies with the fresh peanut butter from Produce Place. (By the way, when I got my PB yesterday, it was still warm from literally just converting from peanut to peanut butter. How can you go wrong with that, right?) I bought cream to make some delicious cream scones to go with my fruit sorbets from the summer months.

My plan is to go with the Food Rule that says you can eat all the junk you want as long as you make it yourself. Pollan says when you make it from scratch you won't eat as much. There's also something about using better ingredients means you need/eat less overall. I am putting that theory to the test soon.

Round 1 went to me. Round 2 goes to the chocolate. Round 3, and let's be real here, there will always be another bowl of treats and another temptation of junk, will be mine for the taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment